Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Bucket List


Have you seen the movie the Bucket List? It's wonderful. It's a wonderful movie. I'm about to watch it again, so while waiting i've decided to compile my own Bucket List. If you don't know what it is, it is a list of things one would like to do before they "kick the bucket".
Before I compile my list, i've decided to share where the expression "kick the bucket" came from. According to this website ( yes of course I googled it) which has credible sources it has two meanings, the bucket comes from the french word Buque which means a yoke or a similar piece of wood. The Buque refers to the piece of wood in which a pig would be hung from in order to be slaughtered. The pig would be suspended by its heels and struggle during the process and therefore kick the buque. Kick the bucket then began to signify to die.

Of course I don't think I am anywhere near kicking the buque but I am still going to make a list.

1. Visit Europe and the Mediterranean ( more specifically, GREECE!).
2. Find my dream apartment, live in it alone and spend 2 years living for only myself.
3. Own a silver convertible beetle.. or some colour anyway.
4. See New York
5. Travel across Canada

Those are the only things on my list so far, I don't really have any other great aspirations. Just you know, job, husband (maybe), kids.. that stuff... not really bucket list worthy though, since most people attain those things unless really not into marriage, children or contributing to society (for whatever reason).

Anyway, I think that's all for now.
JC

No comments:

Post a Comment