Friday, June 11, 2010

The search of something worth listening to..


I'm going through a stage where I am so bored of every single song in my iTunes. I've been listening to the same artists for practically 5 years now. Granted they are GREAT artists but I just need change.
I can't remember the last time I heard an artist, fell in love and needed their entire album (or at least most of it). I have a general taste in music but my preferred genre is usually pop or indie rock (as in pop rock, not pop, although I can enjoy a good pop tune). Lately I find that all the Indie Rock/ Pop Rock songs sound the exact same. Perhaps I'm just not finding the right bands with actual talent and originality but honestly, most of it is an insult to my ears. Yesterday I listened to a band featured on allmusic.com (if only I could find them again today), that were HORRIBLE. They were dry and their style sounded more like a child banging on pots and pans then anything... Creepy children with deep voices mind you, but the pots and pans were a definite. I know it's just my preference, but I don't consider banging and barking words enjoyable.
I like wit; I like a good beat or a pretty melody and some singable lyrics, and lyrics that make sense for the most part. I don't enjoy something that's going to give me a headache after two minutes. Nor do I enjoy lyrics that are just carelessly strewn together to appear catchy but actually just sound mundane and stupid. I really could care less about the mouse in your house.
I know what they say; if you don't like it, don't listen to it. Trust me, I won't twice. But I would still like to find an artist that doesn't involve those characteristics. I know there are many out there, but they've been around for years and I'm looking for something more fresh or that I haven't heard of yet.
Recently I stumbled upon a female artist named Adele. Now this is the kind of stuff I'm talking about, her music is beautiful and sweet and all around pleasant. But it's one artist, with one album and it really isn't going to replace the hole that I've just deleted into my iTunes library.
Where are all the talented artists who won't put me to sleep or drum off my head?
The search continues....

JC
Ps. That picture is someone elses. I'm not pretending to take credit for it, I just liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment